Saturday, January 23, 2010

BON

Sometimes I am just a huge ball of nerves (Not that I'm huge, why one must have lied shamelessly if he told you I'm huge! Nor am I spherical. Again you misunderstand. All I mean is-sometimes I am just a huge ball of nerves.That's that.) Nerve ends prick the inside of my skin, eager as fishing-hooks to catch the slightest of slights and insults and cold shoulders and you-name-it. In short I become sensitive to insensitivities. God save my friends on those days.(Now I have three classes of friends-college classmates, school friends and club friends. With the latter two this ball of nerves phenomenon occurs very very rarely, if at all. These are the people I'm most comfortable with despite their teasing me ceaselessly on the most delicate of matters. But it would be a falsehood to say I'm not comfortable with my classmates because with some of them I share a rather strong bond and can discuss the most delicate of matters. But most of them are formal, entirely civilised, very prim and propah, horrified at the idea of teasing someone about what one would rather keep a secret... why then am I a ball of nerves around this super-sensitive, uber-sensible bunch?)
So I'm upset if they forget to wait for me at the canteen, or leave without saying bye, or snap at me if I ask why they feel bad...oh you get the drift I'm sure. Now this is extremely idiotic, but at the same time rather painful.
There are also a kind of people whose nerve ends are probably so entangled in zillions of knots that they fail to carry any impulse at all. In short, they are insensitive to sensitivity. Now I could cite instances galore, but would refrain. It's rude to criticise, won't you agree?
(Between you and me, I can't give such examples-was only looking for a chance to say half clever things.:D.)
So on some days I occupy the middle ground and on one such day,because I had asked her to stop rubbing her shoes, each against the other, producing a noisy distraction in class, a classmate glared at me with her really scary glare, , which I failed to notice. :) Lucky!
(That nonplussed poor dear D. isn't this habit of quipping in parentheses rather infuriating? There's only one thing worse than reading stupid quips...Chetan Bhagat is a pro at that-making stupid quips I mean,not reading them. D'UH!! He makes you want to say that every time he tries to make a wisecrack. Okay so getting back to the point-there's only one thing worse than reading stupid quips, that is being told your own quips are stupid. Now dear readers, surely you won't do that to me? REDALERT!! I start feeling like a ball of nerve already!)

Are you a BON yet?

P.S with reference to quip no 3.-I'd like to add that I remember one example at the least-the man driving the car that hit me this saraswati puja. The front wheel kept pressing onto my leg, despite my loud screams. The man just stared vacuously. Poor man! his nerves need stronger medicines than my injury does. Oh, and that part of my leg is now blue and black and red.


3 comments: