Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sweet lover

So why is it that lovers must address each other as 'honey' or 'sugarplum' or 'sweetheart' and such stuff? If I had to call my lover by a name that moistens my mouth and creates just the mood for loads of love and mush wouldn't '4 number gate-er fuchka' be more apt? Or 'Biryani' for that matter? If you insist love is sweet and so is the lover, why I'd much rather call him' kaju-barfi' or 'jilipi' instead of honey or such like. In any case you can have only about a spoonful of honey or sugar before it makes your mouth cloy with a sickly sweetness.
Be original. Remember Pantobhutni.If you must commend the sweetness of your lover, let it be in the name of a sweetmeat you like truly. [ But please rosogolla and mishti doi are way too overused by 'oh-I-love-kolkata-drool-drool-ohthemishtidoiandohtherosogolla!!!' celebrities. But if you must, who am I to stop?]

6 comments:

SOUVICK CHATTERJEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SOUVICK CHATTERJEE said...

interesting point...good thought my chili chicken

Indranil said...

Remember the song "Ami kolkatar rosogolla, roshe toitombur" ? :D

Rashmila said...

very appropriate post.. even other names can be fun- anything tha reminds you of good things or memories can be used

brainwrenched said...

my mother once asked me what I thought, was the sweetest word in the English language and I said 'baby'. she made a face and told me 95% of the world thought it was 'mother' (synonyms included).

and its a pity that a bear can never call his mate 'honey'. it would be like us calling each other 'pepperoni pizza' or .... 'mishti doi'???

Arvind B'Subramanian said...

Advice duly taken and successfully implemented. Thank you!! LOLZ