Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mixed bag

As is normal with me, I have been putting off writing on this blog [spellcheck wants me to change it into glob] though stories, anecdotes and emotions have been piling up inside me, not out of sheer laziness but on the contrary because of my preoccupation with other stuff such as studying,which is not normal with me. So anyway once again this post is doomed to be a mocktale of a number of unconnected events, feelings and opinions which I shall try to concoct while racking my brain frantically for witty comments and hard words.

And that brings to mind by what one would like to call reflex action a professor's wonderfully witty comments about how one should use as many hard words as one can, when young, because one is doomed to forget them later anyway and seeing that the pleasure of using hard words just for the sake of using hard words is comparable to that of having sex for sex's sake, one ought to have a fair share of it early in life. So we laughed gaily for a while today.

Okay so, 3 days into the new semester and I have started studying. Hard to believe as that is, even for me, it's true. And it felt good, to say the truth. Though I'm a little scared I am turning into a nerd, who loves studying just for the sake of it, dreams high, but aims nowhere. So be it. If only I could go on studying all my life. Oh God! that sound horribly nerdy doesn't it? I switch topics.

So Jyoti Basu is grievously ill. And he has been grievously ill before, and has always recuperated steadily and gone back home to celebrate yet another birthday. He's not 95 for nothing . So I hadn't paid much attention to his being sick now. And then this afternoon we heard he was dead. And we checked a blog which mourned his death. We are an unfeeling bunch, we are! [Sadly I'm not even too sad about that. I'm sure we can all be sad when it's really time to be sad.] We were more concerned with the speculation on whether the next day would be declared a holiday . I think I felt a little bad for him- Poor old man! He died...that way. Because all through my growing years I had heard not really pleasant things about the man and being as uninterested in Politics as I am (shamefacedly) I never bothered to clarify unbiasedly .By the time I left for home, all of us were sure the former chief minister of Bengal had secured us at least one holiday. Back at home the TV channels confirmed otherwise. It was a nasty rumour! Nasty indeed it was! Besides killing a dying old man before his time, it had deluded us into a happily tranquil state that is only possible to attain when one gets a sudden holiday in the middle of the week, the cause notwithstanding.
Buk bhora asha dhuk kore nibhe jaoa and all that!

I played badminton after ages yesterday! Lost both sets, but not without a fight! However puny my stature, however diminutive my frame I put up a fight yes![Not that it helped much, my opponents helped me better] And now
My right arm aches
My right hand aches
My back aches
My right leg aches
My left leg aches.
But I love the ache!! It makes me happy.

I admit kahani Purvajanam ki is a show that spooks me. I cannot entirely disbelieve it, nor can I accept it wholly. Mostly the stories are traumatic and the analyseds seem to be suffering during the process which makes it all the more difficult for me to dismiss them as complicit in the TRP boosting conspiracy, if there is any. It seems to be an irrational, illogical void. I myself sort of believe in birth-cycles whether instinctively or otherwise.Or may be only to dissuade myself from thinking too much about Death, which I already obsess about, to the point of morbidity. When I was young I had a belief that I was a female trapeze performer.Whether it was an original imagination- using the term in the sense of its image-forming aspect- or I had appropriated it from a story book is a question my memory can not be trusted to answer faithfully. But the show is about death and strange coincidences and it disturbs me no end.

Tunna is recharged by sucking her tiny little thumb. Tunna says the sweetest 'ta-ta' ever. Tunna is the naughtiest baby ever. Also the petukest ever. I am her fan. But she'll grow up soon.:(

Some days I feel so full of love that I find two perfectly ordinary men speaking to each other a lovely sight!

Old people without teeth look amazingly cute. I do not mean to be unfeeling.

Oh, and May seems so much nearer from this side of 2009. May is a nice month.:) Much better than August.

Emosonal atyachar?

Goodnight.

2 comments:

SOUVICK CHATTERJEE said...

Complete paglii...love you.

Indranil said...

Fucking hell what's wrong with August!? :\